Phoebe Wilson Dineen
- 3 C white meat chicken, diced (about 4 large breasts)
- 2 packages Wild Rice-A-Roni
- 2 C cooked rice, sauteed after cooking in 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom or golden mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 C fresh mushrooms, chopped and sauteed in butter
- 1 C green onions, chopped and sauteed in butter
- 1 C celery, chopped and sauteed in butter
- 1/2 C chopped cashew nuts
- 1 C sour cream
- Chow mein noodles
Place chicken breasts in water to cover. Add 1/4 tsp sage, rosemary, and garlic powder. Cook. When tender, remove chicken and cut into small pieces. Prepare Rice-A-Roni as directed. Add sauteed rice and 1-1/2 cups broth from the chicken to Rice-A-Roni, Simmer until broth is absorbed. Add the soup, vegetables, nuts, and sour cream. Pour into buttered casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Place in 350 oven and bake 45 minutes. Sprinkle chow mein noodles over top and bake an additional 15 minutes. Serves 14-16. This recipe can be halved.
This is my creation, I make it for special times.