Margie Scanlon Dineen
- 8 to l0 medium red potatoes
- 1 jar (2 oz.) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teas. garlic salt
- 1/8 teas. onion salt
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Place the unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cook until tender but firm. Drain; cut potatoes into l-in. cubes. Place in an ungreased 2 1/2 qt. baking dish. Add pimentos, onion, garlic salt and onion salt; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese. Place the bread cubes on top and pour butter over all. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 min. or until bread is toasted.
10 -12 servings.