Smoked Eggplant Dip
This is the second or third generation of an adaptation of Elizabeth David’s recipe for Babaganoush. It is wonderful as a dip or used in sandwiches.
- 2lb. eggplant, grilled and roasted until soft
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 ½ cups nonfat yogurt cheese
- 2/3 tsp. salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp. black pepper, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
Place eggplant directly over flame and cook until skin is charred. Place charred eggplant on a cookie sheet and roast in a 350F preheated oven for 30 minutes. When cool enough to handle peel roasted eggplant and put pulp in a food processor. Puree until smooth and whip in other ingredients by hand. Best if refrigerated overnight.
Per Serving: Calories: 106 Fat: 0 gm Protein: 9gm
Carbohydrates: 17gm Sodium: 325mg