This comes from one of my favorite customers at work.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves agrlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) peeled diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup chjopped peanuts
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is transparent.
Add chicken, tomatoes, peanut butter, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Heat, stirring occasionally, until peanut better is melted.
Blend in buttermilk and cook until heated through.
Stir in cilantro or parsley.
To serve, ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro or peanuts.