This is a fun recipe – pretty simple, really.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or sherry
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups shredded Napa Cabbage
- 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 4 hamburger buns or rolls
In a small saucepan simmer marinade ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
Put mushrooms and marinade in a ziplock bag, Marinate mushrooms about 1 hour.
In a bowl mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, oil, and honey and add cabbage, carrot, and green onions. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
BBQ mushrooms over medium heat until heated through and slightly charred. Place on buns and top with slaw. Enjoy!!
(Or – you can broil in your oven. Either way, they’re great!)