- 500 g of clams scrubbed and washed
- large glass of white wine
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 750 gr of spaghetti
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, leaves finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
Bring 8 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons sea salt.
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium to high heat, then add the garlic cook 3 minutes, add the tomatoes, cook until the tomatoes are nice and soft, about 10 min.
Add the clams and white wine season with salt & pepper. Cook slowly stirring occasionally , until all the clams have opened, about 10 minutes. Throw away any that have not opened as they may be dead.
Once the pasta water has boiled , cook the pasta until tender yet al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Drain it and add it to the pan with the clam sauce.
Cook and stir over high heat for about 2 minutes, season and add the parsley.
Serve with a chilled bottle of white wine.