- 1 box Cornbread Mix
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Corn and Chile Tomato-less Salsa
- 3/4 cup Grape Seed Oil, separated
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
Place cornbread mix in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg and 1/2 cup of oil, then add to cornbread mix. Beat together until smooth, then fold in the corn salsa and allow batter to rest for about 30 minutes.
Heat griddle to medium-low and brush with oil. Use a small scoop or 1/4-cup measure to pour cornbread batter onto the griddle (just like pancakes). When edges start to bubble, carefully use a spatula to loosen; when edges fully release, flip cakes and cook until golden.
- Enjoy these corncakes like a tortilla for a tasty fish taco – with battered fish nuggets, cabbage slaw, cilantro salad dressing and salsa garnish
- Top with you favorite chili, sour cream, shredded cheese & green onions
- Serve them alongside chicken breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs and salsa.