- 1 Kg broccoli cut into small florets
- 150g Parmesan or Caciocavallo Ragusa cheese in small cubes
- 3 glasses of red wine or rose’ wine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 12 green olives
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
Start with a good 1/2 cup of olive oil inside a high pot.
Put in the chopped onion, garlic, 6 olives cut in half and a layer of broccoli.
Season and add some chunks of cheese, some more onion and repeat the process two or three times until all the broccoli have been used.
Then add the wine, another splash of olive oil and the left over cheese and cut olives.
Cover pot and cook on a very low heat until the broccoli is cooked.