Sue Parry was a Dietetic Intern I worked with several years ago at UCSF. One night when we were both working late, I told her about the cookbook I’ve been writing for the past 20-odd years. She gave me this recipe to include in it. Well… THAT cookbook is still not off the press yet, but… here goes… The recipe is only limited by your imagination…..
The basic is:
- 1 pkg Stouffer’sï¿½ Peas in Cream Sauce
- 1 can Albacore Tuna
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup each: steamed broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella and Jarlsberg cheeses, blended
- 3-4 cups cooked fettuccine noodles
Lightly saute onions in a bit of oil. Add peas in cream sauce and tuna. Heat through. Steam vegetables.
Line bottom of 9′ x 13″ pan with cooked noodles. Layer steamed vegetables. Next layer with tuna mixture, then with cheeses.
Cover pan with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven 15-20 minutes or until cheeses are melted and casserole is heated through.
For even more flavor, add some fresh basil or other herbs to the tuna mixture and sprinkle some on top before baking…