Phoebe Wilson Dineen
In a small saucepan, combine
- 1 package (9 oz) condensed mincemeat, broken up
- 1/2 cup Karo light or dark syrup
- 1/4 cup margarine
Heat, stirring constantly until boiling. Gradually stir mixture into
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
Pour into 1 unbaked (9 inch) pie shell. Bake in 350ï¿½ oven 45 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with finger.
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
over pie. Cool.
- whipped cream, if desired.