Kate Kelly Hodsdon
- 6 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 C butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 C ham, cut into thin stqps
- 3-3 oz. packages cream cheese with chives, each cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- 6 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Bake potatoes at 400 for about one hour or until tender.
With a sharp knife, cut each potato lengthwise into 3 slices of equal thickness, cutting to but not through the bottom skin. Fan potato slices out lightly.
Spoon melted margarine into each well. Brush remaining butter on skins. Sprinkle with pepper. Place two cheese slices and some of the ham into cuts in between slices.
Sprinkle one tbsp grated Parmesan over each potato. Wrap snugly in foil and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
When unwrapping, watch out for escaping steam – it spurts out!