- 2 cups quinoa, washed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 plum tomatoes diced
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and cool to room temperature.
Sprinkle the grains with the salt and pepper and stir, folding from underneath the grains. Fold 4 tbsp of the lemon juice and the oil. Gently fold in the cilantro and garlic.
Fold the corn, onion, tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado into the quinoa. Adjust the seasonings to taste. Best served at room temperature. Serves 8 to 10.