Rudy Rinaldi via Cousin Monica…
This makes 2 pies and Dad usually uses a deep dish pie plate.
- 3 Lb Ricotta – we prefer Maggio and you know why
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 c. grated cheese – whatever your favorite is – we usually use Parm.
- Note: All meat should be DICED/CUBED – small
- 1/2 lb Ham – sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 lb prosciutto – sliced thin
- 1/4 lb pepperoni – sliced thin
- To Taste;
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Parsley – I like a lot of parsley
If you add the seasonings before the eggs then you can taste (I don’t like eating raw eggs any more.) I like a strong seasoning taste because when you cook it, it tends to mellow.
Place pie crust in plate – fill with the mixture and cover with second crust
Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour – the crust should be nice and golden brown. We also use the Pillsbury Pie Crusts (in the dairy section of the market) But if you’re so inclined, by all means make your own from scratch.