- 1/2 – 1 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 3 baby eggplants, cubed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
- Your favorite rice or pasta
Cook rice according to directions.
In a deep skillet or wok over high heat, add oil and crushed red pepper. Sizzle 10-15 seconds. Add eggplant and stirfry 5 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Stirfry 5 more minutes. Add vinegar and soy sauce. sprinkle with sugar and toss a little longer.
Remove pan from heat, add basil leaves and toss to combine.
Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta.