- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Peanut butter batter:
- 4 oz. cream cheese – softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir in water, oil, vinegar and vanilla – mix well.
Pour into greased 13″ x 9″ x 2″ baking pan.
Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/3 cup sugar, egg, and salt until smooth.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls over cake batter, cut through batter with a knife to swirl the peanut butter mixture.
Sprinkle with pecans and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack – cut – enjoy!
Refrigerate leftovers – yea right leftovers!