This is an easy recipe that can be changed to suit your tastes – or things in the refrigerator!
- 6 oz Ham Steak (I use Niman Ranch)
- 3oz Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 leek (green onions or other onions work fine, too!)
- Won Ton Wrappers
- Black pepper to taste
Finely chop leek and sauté in a bit of butter. Place in food processor with ham and cheese and process until almost pasty.
Place won ton wrapper on board and fill with a scant 1/2 teaspoon of filling. Dampen one side of wrapper with moist finger, and fold over on the diagonal and seal, creating a triangle. Bring up long edges and pinch together. Repeat with remaining won ton wrappers.
Deep fry about 1-2 minutes or until crispy browned. Drain on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce.
My favorite all-purpose dipping sauce is merely
- Apricot Jam (although we usually use leftover filling from Aunt Emma’s Cookies)
- Chili Paste (Sambal Oelek)
Add desired amount of Sambal Oelek to Jam and serve.
You can add
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Chopped onions or any number of flavors to suit your taste!