- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional if you don’t want it spicy)
- 1 pound unshelled shrimp (26 to 32 shrimp per pound)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (regular paprika is fine)
- 1/4 cup medium-dry sherry
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves (optional, or use a couple teaspoons of dried parsley leaves)
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large heavy skillet set over moderately high heat, heat the oil until it is hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring, until it is pale golden.
Add the red pepper flakes and the shrimp and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute, or until the shrimp are pink and just firm to the touch.
Sprinkle with shrimp with the paprika and cook the mixture, stirring, for 30 seconds.
Add the Sherry, boil the mixture for 30 seconds, and sprinkle with parsley.
eason the mixture with the lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer it to a serving bowl.
The shrimp may be made up to 1 day in advance and kept covered tightly and chilled.
Serve the shrimp at room temperature.