- 16 oz can whole kernel corn, drained, or two large ears fresh corn, kernels cut and cob scraped
- 1 pound claw crab meat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- two green onions, chopped with tops
- ½ stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh parsely, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
Put crab meat, chopped vegetables, spices, and liquid ingredients into a large bowl and stir to mix well and coat everything with milk and eggs mixture. Stir in flour just before cooking.
Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a nonstick frying pan or lightly greased skillet or griddle and cook 3-4 minutes until bubbles rise to the top of the batter and bottom is brown. Turn them over to finish cooking. Serve hot or cold.